As United Methodists, our theological understanding obligates us, as members of the body of Christ, to communicate our faith by speaking and listening to persons both within and outside the Church throughout the world to utilize all appropriate means of communications. -- Book of Discipline
The mission of the Communications Ministries is to tell the stories of the church and its people.
We do this by:
- sharing the message of God's love for the world as revealed through Jesus Christ;
- communicating the beliefs of Christianity and The United Methodist Church in particular;
- listening to needs inside and outside the church and telling stories of faith, especially from those whose voices are not always heard in the mainstream media;
- informing our church and community about opportunities for worship, study, fellowship and service;
- creating and marketing communications resources that strengthen the church and the broader community of faith; and
- providing inspiration to our members and friends.